Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I never promised you a rose garden

 But, um... here it is anyway!

I'm cute and I know it.







find the squirrel
Lady Squirrel






When they shall close my careless eyes
And look their last upon my face,
I fear that some will say: "here lies
A man of deep disgrace;
His thoughts were bare, his words were brittle,
He dreamed so much, he did so little.

When they shall seal my coffin lid
And this worn mask I know as ME,
Shall from the sight of man be hid
To all eternity -
Some one may say: "His sins were many,
His virtues - really, had he any?"

When I shall lie beneath my tomb,
Oh do not grave it with my name
But let one rose-bush o'er me bloom,
And heedless of my shame,
With velvet shade and loving laugh,
In petals write my epitaph.

Rose Leaves by Robert William Service

No comments:

Post a Comment