Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day squirrels

I went over to the rose garden to look for Lady Squirrel on Mother's Day. There she was, enjoying having her roses back, after the long winter.



A squirrel runs over to greet me.

Got something for me today?
I now take to cart with me to rest on. I haven't been out there for a while because I've been laid up with a bad leg, after lifting a big old CRT monitor that was way too heavy for me.  I think the mothers are looking a bit bedraggled. There are several mothers around here now, including this little one who obviously has already given birth.
My heart breaks for her.  She sits right by me up on the flagpole base where I can see her nipples and some red swollen areas.


Ah...now I can relax a little...
Meanwhile Lady Squirrel snuggles beneath the cart or runs over to enjoy her meal in the rose garden.
 


The mothers keep their distance and do not interfere with each other, which is a bit unusual, but after all it is Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment