Sunday, October 7, 2012

Union Square Squirrels


Who Shot Ya? PBS Shot Me!

 
We received this nice surprise from a photographer who recently stumbled upon this blog:

Ever since I was a boy I've always loved squirrels. For years though, I hadn't encountered them much. This past summer I made a point to head over to find where there were friendly squirrels. I found them to be quite friendly in Union Square and Madison Square Park on 23rd Street.

 
At first I began feeding them peanuts, then cashews, now almonds work best.  A close friend of mine used to live in StuyTown and I used to see pictures of them regularly, especially black ones! However I never made it over there to find out how friendly they were. A lot of my friends found me crazy for even being interested in squirrels, but I find them fascinating, and it's great to know that people like you are out there as well. I've attached some images that I shot myself over the summer. Hope you enjoy!

PBS the Photographer








 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment